Green Leaves Plants
Big Red Building Under Sky


On sites where Japanese Knotweed is known to be present, planning conditions are put in place, to prevent the spread of the plant, as it is an offence under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. These conditions need to be adhered to before building can take place.

You may be wondering why this is the case. Japanese Knotweed can significantly devalue buildings and cause structural damages, because of this Japanese Knotweed will affect planning permission. The invasive plant needs to be completely eradicated from the site before your planning permission can be approved.

Learn More

Checking For Japanese Knotweed

In order to fulfil this planning condition a site survey needs to be carried out, where a member of our expert team will visit your site and check for any signs of Japanese Knotweed. The PCA surveyor will then be fully equipped to put together a report that details the condition of the site and the extent to the impact of Japanese Knotweed (if any). The report will include:

  • Location
  • Client Details
  • Description of site and surroundings
  • Plant location, including a map
  • An outline of previous control work and development plans
  • Risk Assessment adhering to Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
  • Future Recommendations

Japanese Knotweed Planning Permission Solutions

If Japanese Knotweed is found on site by one of our surveyors, action will need to be taken before planning permission can be granted. Our expert team will have to produce a management plan to eradicate the invasive plant from the site. This will include:

  • The objective of control action
  • An assessment of control options
  • Criteria for completion
  • Advice on preventing spread around the site
Contact Us
Green Leaves With Flowers
Women Survey Working
Why Choose Us?

If you would like to find out any additional information on our Japanese Knotweed planning permission services, do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our expert team. Call us on 0800 031 8081, or visit our Contact Us page here. We are always happy to help.

Learn More